“New motto for those who dare to become parents: Be good, be competent, or else abstain. Society and its norms are invading families and deciding who is a good dad, a great mom”. In the February 26 edition, La Libre devoted a weekend issue to the theme of the pressure to be the perfect parent, with a particular focus on the discourse on positive parenting trends said to fuel this pressure. The newspaper also presents the results of a survey conducted by La Libre on this topic, and includes contributions from sociologist Claude Martin, journalist Béatrice Kammerer, and Stijn Van Petegem, the principal researcher of the SAFE-SORRY project.
- 25.07.22De Morgen Interview : “Should we go back to authoritarian parenting?”
- 16.03.22Weekend issue in La Libre : “How to not be a perfect parent”
- 16.06.21“Chasing Childhood” at Docville, Leuven
- 04.12.20Interview with Daily Science : “La surprotection parentale, est-elle le produit des sociétés inégalitaires ?”
- 19.07.20Article in Le Matin Dimanche : “Surprotéger son enfant lui nuit.”
- 16.08.22Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology: To endure or to resist? Coping with overprotection
- 02.06.22European Journal of Developmental Psychology : Short scale for measuring parental overprotection
- 23.02.22Swiss Psychology Open: Little children, little problems; big children, big problems?
- 01.12.21Two new publications: Psychologie Française, Cahiers en Psychologie Clinique
- 09.09.21Family Process: Putting parental overprotection into a family systems context